Monday, April 2, 2012

Okay, I've had my fun...

This weekend I had a great time at my annual outing calling Anime Detour. It is a great time to be had if you enjoy all things anime, manga, Japanese, Chinese, or Asian in origin; or even things that are not Asian and slightly more cult cultural in nature... think LOLcats, Charlie the Unicorn, Rage Comics, or other memes. 


I had a great time this weekend, getting my manga geek on and joining my friends of also like minds in said geekiness. However, when I leave for Detour I get nothing done for about two weeks. The first week is the week leading up to the actual weekend, packing, buying supplies, and making sure I'm all ready for my 3 days of madness. Then there's the 3 to 4 days of actual Detourness. And it all ends in the last week of recovering from less sleep than what is needed to function, less-than-nutritious foods (Ramen, sticky rice, etc) and too much caffeine, and general craziness, to get back into the "normal mode" of living. 


But now that I am back from the world of Detour, I will get back into my normal schedule of work, reading, writing, and reviewing. I have decided that I will do one book review a week, in order to keep this blog up-to-date and interesting. 


I hope that the month of April is starting off well for all. Right now, we have thunderstorms (some severe) rolling through the area, so I'm going to go to bed now and fall asleep to the rumbles of sweet, sweet thunder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment