Friday, April 13, 2012

Paycheck Friday!


It's Friday! The end of the work week and a time to unwind... but also that magical time of the week when you get an extra cha-ching in your bank account. So what will you spend those green backs burning a hole in your wallet on? Or are you one of those people who likes to save up money for some big splurge? 


I have an every growing list of books to purchase, as many of you bibliophiles have as well. But now that I don't work at a bookstore anymore, my list has stalled out a little. I'm actually going to have to start whittling down my stack of books that I have accumulated before I buy any more. Although there is one at the end of the month that I want to purchase, and paperback version of Fibble: The Fourth Circle of Heck. I need to go through my list of book release dates, but I think I'm good until about June for any other must-have purchases coming out. 


But that doesn't mean my shopping list is on hold until then, you have another thing coming. Sadly, I am also a big movie/TV nut, and there are a few DVD box sets that have come up on my radar as must-haves as well. I found out that a favorite show of mine, Eureka, is starting it's last season this Monday. *le sob* Of course, I'm not all caught up on the recent season. I need to go out and get season 4.0 and 4.5 to catch up on all the awesomeness that I missed out on not having cable for over 2 years. Grrr. Thankfully there have been three book-tie-ins that have helped fill in my Eureka withdrawal. I have each of these books, read #1 & #2, except for the 3rd one, so I have something to read before Season 5 of Eureka to come out on DVD, since knowing me and my luck, I won't be able to watch all of the last season on TV. Now I will have 3 if not 4 DVD box sets to purchase, since Eureka likes to do the .0 and .5 versions of things. 

So much to purchase. So few paydays.


What are you going to blow your paycheck on? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment