Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm having a bookgasm!

Remember this review of Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go? 


Well, it got some attention from Dale E. Basye over on the Twitter. And after a few Tweets back and forth between the author and I, he offered to autograph my copies of Heck, Rapacia, and Limbo if I'd mail them to him (with return postage). Really!? Awesome. I did so, and waited for about a week in giddy anticipation for a box full of books to show up on my doorstep. 


Today, my patience was rewarded. I got a box from Mr. Basye today! I scrambled inside to open the box, and once I did...



I found a fourth book added to my original three! Dale E. Basye sent along a signed hardback copy of Fibble!! *le squeeee!* I proceeded to scream like a loon---scaring my cats in the process---and dig through the book to see the scrawl of an author's hand.

The message inside Fibble
And look... here's another drawing inside Book Four:
Not a great picture, it says: "Me draw reel gude!"
Well, if that was in one book... what's in the others...?

What's that drawn into the O? A cat's butt! HA!

Is that me... entering the Third Circle of Blimpo!? Not sure how I feel about that...


Written in the front of Book Two

Look! It's me! I'm in Book One! I'm a Heck demon.

Yeah... I'm extremely happy. These are going to go on my bookshelf and stay there, untouched, so that they stay all nice and pristine. When I get a book signed, I revere them with a higher esteem than my other books. I have a few other signed books scattered around my bookshelves, and I'm not ashamed to say that those are the jewels of my shelves. But these four? Such attention to quirky and personalized signing bumps them way up in the "special" realm of my bookshelf. 

A big thank you to Dale E. Basye for offering to sign my books and being way awesome in giving me a hardcover Fibble book! So awesome. I can't wait to read it and get a review up here for the world to read. 

So yeah... just had to share my giddy bookgasm and geek out over my presents today.

1 comment: