Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I got some great feedback!

This last weekend, I was a Creator Vendor at the MCBA's SpringCon 2012. It was held at the MN State Fairgrounds in the Grand Stand. I had a great time at my first convention appearance in almost 5 years. And much to my surprise, I actually sold stuff. Being around some big name comic dealers (The Source, Half Price Books, First Aid Comics, Granite City Comics, etc.) and other more established online webcomic authors, I felt a little out of place with my few comics (somewhat poorly made to boot) and my two books. But awesomely, some people bought some of my stuff. 


I got back from the chiropractor not too long ago and decided to fire up the laptop and see what's what on the internets. I open my Inbox and this is what I see: 


SUBJECT: You're Worse Than McDonald's! 
_____________ to me:
Picked up all 4 issues of "Bargain Section" at St. Paul SringCon and
really enjoyed all of them. Granted, some of my enjoyment came from
relief, given that most of the independent artists I buy from turn out to
be selling total crap (esp. the often self-indulgent "bio-comic" crowd);
but try not to let that sour my genuine praise for what is often
laugh-out-loud work with a lot of fun art, stick-form or not.

Went to the website advertised in the back of "Stampeding Turtles" and
found ACCOUNT PURGED. So I hope this email address is still active and is
reaching the right person. If this is an inactive account, and you can't
read this, let me know. (Wait. What?)

Aaaaany-hooo... Yes, I would be interested in the "Bargain Section
Omnibus," so let me know whom I must kill to obtain it.


Thus and such,
Richard __________

How cool is that?  


I sent him an email thanking him for his kind words and for the fact that he bought some of my work. I also promised that once the Omnibus of Bargain Section gets printed, I'll let him know. Now I guess I have to work on finding a good printer for the Omnibus in order to increase the print quality of all my comics. 


A nice little bookend to an already awesome weekend. =^_^= Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment