Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I can't stand the excitement!!!1!

I follow Jonathan Maberry on Twitter. You can follow him, too, by going here. I suggest you follow him if you know what's good for you. 


Remember when I did a series cover-all review of the Joe Ledger series by Mr. Maberry back here? And at the end of the post I mentioned that I was waiting for #4 in the series, Assassin's Code, to come in the mail? Well, silly me... It came in the mail (April 11, 2012) and I was so excited about it, that I 1) forgot to post something here about it and 2) tweeted a picture of me holding my new pride and joy. I was inspired by my last post about meeting (and touching) Anthony Bourdain to show more evidence of me being an absolute book geek.




Look how excited I am to hold that amazing work of prose? But just imagine how my mind was freaking blown upon seeing on Maberry's Twitter feed that he's working on Joe Ledger series #5 already... what!? WHAT!? I haven't started #4 yet, you can't make #5 yet!!


Or how excited I was when I bought this "classic":



My bookgasmic excitement over this book would eventually diminish after reading it.

And my uber excitement isn't just saved for books. It's for all things geek:


Me standing next to THE Batmobile from the original Batman TV with Adam West. How kick ass is that? This was taken at my first con appearance, MCBA FallCon of 2007. I wanted to touch it... but I feared the consequences. 

So yeah. I'm easily excited.


1 comment: