Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reading Girl, Interrupted.

Only 3-5 chapters away from finishing Curses! A F***ed Up Fairy Tale, I get the shock of my life.

I am the pet parent to two poofy cats: Kiera, a 15-yr-old black Norwegian Forest cat, and Diesel, an-almost-8-yr-old cream-n-white Ragdoll; both are a hefty 12 lbs. Diesel is my rambunctious boy, full of too much energy. So, needless to say, Diesel has a lot of energy to burn off and finds random things around the house to "chase": hair ties, pieces of paper, digging at luggage, that sort of thing.

So I was given the shock of my life after Diesel comes skittering across the living room carpet, clutching and grabbing at something with his little paws. I'm sitting in my glider rocker, reading the aforementioned book, half paying attention to my feisty cat. But then whatever he held possessively in his paws flew out...

And scampered under its own volition across my carpet, with Diesel bounding after it. It was a small mouse. In my living room. Being played with by my cat.

I failed to jump damn near out of my skin, but did manage to swear viciously with a fierce: "OH DEAR FUCK!" as I drew my feet off the floor and knees to my chest, almost flinging my book out of my hands as Diesel cornered the rodent under my love seat. Then the feline duo, newly christened mousers, cornered the mouse under a Lego bucket before my husband came home and removed the deceased mouse fro under the Legos. Apparently 3lbs of Legos is enough force per square inch to snap a rodent's neck.

The joy of reading and reaching the climax of my book has been dampened by the life and death struggle going on in my living room. Hopefully I will have recovered enough from this event to finish the book and get a review for it up tomorrow, or at the latest, July 4th.

Here's a video of me freaking out after the two cornered the poor thing under the Legos.



1 comment:

  1. It's always exciting when your cat finds a mouse. Puddy cornered one under my dresser at 4am. Fun times.

    btw, I like the post title!

    ReplyDelete