Saturday, January 21, 2012

Add one more iron to the fire...

Remember my last post, where I mention that I tend to read more than one book at a time? Well, I need to add another one.

I found another ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy, although I guess the publishing industry has changed it to Advanced Reader's Edition, or ARE) of an author I have read before in the back room at work. Christopher Moore, author of Lamb, Bite Me, and Stupidest Angel, has another book coming out later this spring. It's called Sacre Bleu, A Comedy d'Art, a story about the sacred color blue and how obtaining this allusive and mystical color caused the death of Vincent van Gogh. I'm only a few chapters into this book, and already I'm amazed at the literary vision of color and beauty described by Moore. I'm super excited about this book; I think this might be on par with Lamb.


I will certainly do a full review of this book once I finish it... as well whenever I finish my other ones.

And if you're not sure when I'll complete my review---because neither am I---you can wait for it to come out in bookstores near you on April 3, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment